.

.
Here, sweetness always abounds.

Christmas Cheer

Welcome to my Christmas Blog and I wish you the Happiest of Christmas Cheer.
It's a honor to share with you the most eventful, and anticipated month of the year!
Ooh, the pure joy of my children, just thinking and talking constantly about cookies, candies, who's going to help put what Christmas decoration where, and the wishing of presents! I love it when my lil' kiddo's say "Mommy, don't tell but I'm going to get so n' so, this!" or when they say, "would you like this for Christmas!?"


JoY to the world the LoRd has come!

On our way to Christmas Sunday. My husband is Pastor of our new Lil' store front church, so with little ones under foot still, it falls onto me to get everyone up, moving, dresses in there Sunday best. and hope and pray they'll all get along. As you can see from the photo above, one was being a grumpy bear! Mason didn't want to be in the picture any more than Gi~gi (2) did!

I'm a hat person! I remember at the Maranatha church in Portland Ore. all the Ladies wearing there hats, then in my home church some of Ladies did the same, mostly ones with old Southern ties.  I call it Charleston Charm :))


Greetings, again my Dear family, friends and new kindred souls !

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men. Luke 2:14


Christmas is a wonderful time to have as many twinkle lights around as possible!

My 1950's kitchen dough boy

This is my lil' Elf collection I started, because my lil' guys, Mason our son n' Mikey, our Grandson look like elves'.

Dear lil' boys


The white wreath I had found about ten years ago at St. Vinnie's. I just knew it would come in handy one day! With my new lf collection, it sure did!


Bringing 1950's into my home.
                                      


Aren't the elves on this stocking just full of fun!!!


                                   Gi~gi messing with all the  
                         Holiday goodies, on the ol' dough boy.


I remember as a girl, going to my Grandma's house and seeing the big silver tree and oh, it would change colors!!! Christmas brings wonderful memories', and I hope my children will remember the season as a special time in there hearts.



This lil' mouse was in my home in Goldendale, Wa as I grew up.
 I always loved it!






                                                

               Lil' sweet elves'....My lil helper:)


  My Great Grandma (Bernice Gregory Bade) would fill up scrapbooks full of cards from family n' friends and Sunday school  newspaper clippings. What a little treasure! This one is filled with Christmas Greetings.


I thought this Cristamas book was just to good to pass up. :)


 I want to spend some time here, and encourage all the Momma's out there. I know how difficult it is doing so much for the family, school activities, sports & social arts, homework every night, then add Christmas on top of that! Wowie!!!

Then there's digging for the decorations and realizing most of the twinkle lights are dead, then it all most be put up somehow, and that's all before the Church & School Christmas Program rehearsals  start, the cookie exchange party your invited too, and Hubbies {or your} annual Holiday gathering. All of a sudden that crazy Thanksgiving dinner seems like a breeze! Well. hang in there and remember, all the wonderful memories your gifting for your kids...no one can be what you can be and do the things you dream of, for the ones you LoVe!


I've been filling my lil' dough boy with treats, sugars, and all sorts of baking goodies!...The kids just love it, I've even caught them peeking in the drawers ;) 

                    Christmas, sugar n' spice n' everything nice!

















Oppps! How did Grandpa  Santa & Grandma Clause get in here!?




My lil' girls making goodies!

               Daddy n' Easton decorating the tree, closest to the window.


 The kids kept running back n' forth to watch Big lil' brother up the tree.
A Merry Heart Does Good Like Medicine. Proverbs 17:22


                     The girls having sooo much fun!




                             Peek~O~Boo!


Gifts of time and LoVe are surely the basic ingredients of a truly Merry Christmas. ~ Peg Bracken
        My Darling Lulu, helping out in the Christmas kitchen.




 I will honor Christ~mas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year!


      My lil' gingerbread boy...having lots of baking fun!

        Put the Christmas music on add they'll easily get into the Christmas Spirit!!!


Run Gingerbread Boy, Runnn!

Awww the "Olden days".  I would have been one of the kids stuck to the window dreaming away!


Now, it's past my bed time, so wishing you all sweet dreams, of your favorite things :) ~Lissa*Lu

1 comment

  1. You have such a beautiful family Lissa Lu! I love vintage as well!:)

    ReplyDelete